Monday, October 15, 2007

From Fear to Praise

Those who read this blog know of the 10 year long battle my Mom has been fighting with Cancer. Chemotherapy is such hard treatment on the mind and the body. Recently the Dr. chose to change medications because the others had become ineffective. She had had one treatment and was not feeling well last week. On Thursday evening, she became very sick and my Dad took her to the E.R. It turns out that we almost lost her. Or did we?

It came to mind yesterday that God is the one who decides when your Job is done. Not you and not anyone else. Apparently my Mom is not done with her work, The Dr. had asked if "she had made her peace with God". and my Dad said "yes, that has what has kept her going this long". But in that, my own worst fear was almost realized. What if she had gone and I couldn't have said good bye. But then it came to mind again, God is in control who am I to question his judgment.

I Love my Mom and my family, I love my God more. But yet He loves me that much more.

No comments: